The Bride has made herself ready

The Bride has made herself ready

His Bride is a Warrior

His Bride is a Warrior

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stones in My Pocket

Stones in my pocket
from places I have been,
Each have a story to tell.

What history have they
witnessed far beyond my own?

Jacob laid his head upon a stone,
the night the heavens opened
and he wrestled with God.

Altars built with stones
to remind us
how far we've come.

Moses struck the stone
when he was told to only speak.

On the Rock, the church was built,
the revelation of Jesus Christ.

A rock was hewn and a stone was rolled,
as Jesus rose in resurrection life.

Jesus became the Cornerstone,
of the Temple not made with hands.

If we do not render praise to God,
the stones will find their voice.

Tablets of stone,
where laws were writ,
their voice was loud and clear.

Laws in stone could not be kept,
A Stony heart must find its flesh.

The stones in my pocket,
they have a story to tell,
they've witnessed history
far beyond my own.

If you listen closely,
the Ancient stones sing,
of the soon and coming King.

9-25-10 sheila r. martin

No comments:

Post a Comment