The Bride has made herself ready

The Bride has made herself ready

His Bride is a Warrior

His Bride is a Warrior

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Now I'm Found

I once was lost,
but now I'm found.

When in darkness,
I tried to hide,
Covered in my leaves of shame.

You came searching,
calling out my name.
How could I respond,
carrying about my fear and pain.

Many had written me off,
a lost cause, a lamb
with no name.

I wore rejection
like a cloak,
the weight of sin
was crushing me.

In the pit of miry clay,
covered in bristles, briars and thorns,
I could not lift my eyes,
to see beyond the storm.

But there You were,
still smiling at me.
Through the eye of the storm,
You carried me.

You washed me off,
with the water of Your Word,
You called me your child,
and gave me a new name.

You clothed me in Your righteousness,
and hid me beneath the
shadow of Your wings.
In the cleft of the Rock,
You sang over me.

I once was lost,
but now I'm found,
and You've set my feet
on solid ground.

8/6/10 sheila r. martin

No comments:

Post a Comment