The Bride has made herself ready

The Bride has made herself ready

His Bride is a Warrior

His Bride is a Warrior

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Woman with the Issue of Blood

The woman with the issue of blood

I didn’t get out much, oh, if I had to go see yet another doctor, I had seen so many doctors and none of them were much help. I had pretty much spent up all my savings and then some on doctors for the last 12 years, to no avail. You see, I had an issue of blood so I wasn’t supposed to even go out in public, I was considered “unclean .” As if I could help it. Twelve years is a long time to be couped up in the house. I’d heard talk of this Jesus, voices carried , it seemed on the breeze through my open windows. I had heard Jesus was healing people so I had to risk it, I wanted to go see for myself. So one day, I made up my mind, I was gonna go see what the talk was all about. I followed behind the crowd, hoping no one would notice me, every now and then I would catch a glimpse of him through the crowd, there was something about him…I can hardly describe it.
Everyone was crowding him, pulling on his clothes, people were yelling his name, “Jesus!” I just had to get closer. I didn’t care anymore who saw me, I just had to get to Jesus, oh but there were just so many people. I was pushing my way through the crowd, people were stepping on my toes, seems I was getting pushed and shoved every step I took, took an elbow in the rib a couple of times, but I kept moving..oh there he is, and I think to myself, “ If I can just touch the hem of his clothes, I just know I will be made whole.” so I reach for him, practically on my knees, I reach out and just barely grasped a hold of his garment and instantly I felt within myself that I had been healed. I took a deep breath, and with tears in my eyes I began backing away..but then I saw Him looking around, he looked right at me and smiled, then he said, “who touched me?” one of his followers said, “ Jesus, are you crazy, everyone is touching you!”
I knew that He knew it was me, so I went to him, I could hardly look him in the eye, I said, “ it was me, I touched you.” He smiled at me and touched my cheek, and said, “ Daughter, your faith has made you whole, go in peace.”
I went home that day with a joy in my step, can you just imagine, he touched my cheek, do you know how long it has been since anyone touched me? There’s a song in my heart today..“oh he touched me, and o the joy that floods my soul, he touched me and made me whole.”
I will never forget that day…the day He touched me with His love.

3-24-10 by Sheila R. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment