The Bride has made herself ready

The Bride has made herself ready

His Bride is a Warrior

His Bride is a Warrior

Friday, July 29, 2011

Love Without Strings

It's so hard to comprehend a love with no strings,

a love that demanded not that I please.
 I stood on the edge of love for so long,
not knowing that I could come in.


When You opened the door to me,
 I stood at the thresh hold questioning.
How could this be,
when what I thought was love
brought only suffering?


I saw You standing there,
Your arms wide beckoning,
I could not trust a love that
came so free.


I saw You hanging there,
between two thieves,
Your arms spread wide for all to see,
Your eyes spoke to me
as You hung on that tree.

Still I could not understand,
why You would do that,
for me.

How could Your love run so deep
and Your blood run so free,
It could not have been worse
had Your heart been ripped from Your chest,
When all the love You knew
had to look away from You.


But You chose to suffer,
Ultimate Rejection,
A Father's heart was broken,
as the ground trembled,
No greater love had ever spoken.


"It is Finished," with Your last breath,
Your eyes looked off passed time and space,
Seeing the Joy that would soon be Yours,
A final tear slid down Your face.


So here I stand,
at the thresh hold again,
And Here You are, holding out Your hand.
Not so long ago, I would have ran and hid,
but now...I trust, and place my hand in Yours.


The day of Joy before You,
had finally arrived, and for love
that came so freely, I no longer had to strive.
I put my hand in Yours, and became Your promised Bride.

7/15/11 SRM

No comments:

Post a Comment