The Bride has made herself ready

The Bride has made herself ready

His Bride is a Warrior

His Bride is a Warrior

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Exposed

So much time, I let slip through my hands, time stolen, but You can restore.

It hurts to be vulnerable again, to even let You in to all those raw places, where wounds wouldn't heal.

But I need You now.
Come in and heal those places.
Take the pain even of things
I can not see,
the things I hid, even from myself.

Tear down the walls
that I've tried to hide behind.
I stand before You
exposed and overwhelmed.

Clothe me with Your Beauty
As I run to hide beneath Your wings.
Wrap Your glory around me
And keep me far from the enemy's charm.

I will waste my life only on You,
Passionately pursuing the Beauty of You.

3/8/11
Sheila R. Martin
There were times, behind a mask I'd hide, like fig leaves worn to hide the shame. I buried my pain in an unmarked grave, when I heard the Savior calling my name. Now beneath the Crimson Tide I hide, Clinging to my Beloved's hand, beneath His wings abide. ~ Sheila R. Martin ~ Rom 8:1 There is no condemnation now for those who live in union with Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Sheila! The picture you found is stunning. Keep it up, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Simply great! Inspirational as always. God bless you sis.

    ReplyDelete